Other than SEX!!!
What Do GF's Do?
on lesbian couples
By: Max Jamie
Many straight people think that lesbian couples are sex-oriented, and that making love is the only activity they share. Well, that can't be any further from the truth. Lesbian couples share many activities that straight couples would do regularly, and some of those activities are thought to be just...plain normal.
Some lesbian couples love socializing, in its various ways. Some might love throwing dinner parties, inviting some families, couples, or even their single friends for a fancy home-cooked meal. Some love just renting a movie, getting some board games and call up some friends for a fun night!
Most of the next door straight couples attend events as a couple (i.e. funerals, weddings, and shower parties) and lesbian couples do that as well. Even if the couple is closeted they still go to such events together, as a way to show that they're together through the bitter and sweet, and as a way to show support/show of happiness to their partner.
Lesbian couples who share a house, goes grocery shopping together. They go out to buy stuff for the house, food, curtains (and argue over which color would fit more!). Such couples are domestic and enjoy their domestic activities together, such as painting a room at weekend, fixing the sink (That would require a handy lesbian, probably a dyke like me!). And of course, they enjoy having a barbeque fiesta for their friends.
I have no idea why lesbian couples are thought to be just senseless
sex machines. We argue and make up; we fight and break up, love and desire a family, just like any other straight couple. We just love differently.
5 Things To Share Doing With
1) Share a business trip with your partner to give her the support
needed, attend her seminars, or be waiting for her when she comes out of a meeting.
2) Surprise her with a special gift, something that has a special
meaning to her (Like something that can remind her of how you met!).
Add in a dinner on a roof, some soft music, and some food you cooked yourself!
3) Go to an amusement park together. Try winning a teddy bear for her, reading your palm or just eating cotton candy! As cheesy as it sounds, but couples do enjoy such childish activities sometimes, to break a routine!
4) Do a morning sport together on weekends. Go biking, jogging or just walk a pet. Grab some breakfast and enjoy a day out at a park or just walking around the area; up (just Like Portia and Ellen. Taking a walk together around the neighborhood holding hands.)
5) Go to a music shop or a bookstore. Chose CDs together, listen to
it and exchange opinions! Or pick a book every week, read it and discuss it. Maybe try starting your own couple's reading group!