Whatever conspiracy you’re having with yourself, it better be something other than risking your own life! With all the technology empires and the fast-lane grown generations, the cases of rape, sex crimes, prostitution, killing and kidnapping, is in huge influx and continuously growing. Shaking off the compulsion of what the net presents and putting us in atrocious situations, we need to with be extra carefulness and using our brains before our senses.
Since we’re in the 2000’s, the internet is part of our lives, and not denying that it’s also in our love lives too, and just like a wedding dress under construction, we need to know how to use it and when. So with more safe steps and acknowledging info this page is the rule-book of net love and dating of yours. And so we took the privilege to have the movie “The Net” as our inspiration to help us and you above all…
- Chatting with people over the net is something almost everybody do, but when it gets serious between you two, things get different, first of all, you can't just know who you are talking to, but the best move you can take here is to find these people on trusted webs, do not accept any message that might come to you from any guy, and do not reply to all the people that might send you sweet talk messages, but if you like him, then start slowly, and in careful movements, starting with his age.
- Picking a guy around your age is one of your responsibilities to yourself, that you can understand each other and share common things. It's best for you to stick around people your age. When you start chatting try not to show your pictures in first times, so you can make sure that he's not chatting with you because of the way you look, and expect from him the same. Do tell a friend or a family member that you are chatting with (*), so they can help
you if something happened.
- Make sure to have good long chats so you two can know each other more, learn stuff, and get familiar. Don't give out personal information like your school or collage name, or where do you live, and if you felt that he asked something personal, tell him you're not ready to answer that question with him yet, and he must respect your request. Do ask questions, allot of it, he'll like that, he'll feel you're interested in him to ask questions, ask him about family, music movies...
- When you feel you're ready to go to the next level, and you feel comfortable enough around him, you can go to the next level, which is, talking on the phone, but that happens after at least two months of chatting. You don't need to push levels, just go for it when you feel ready and you chatted enough and it's safe now. Don't forget to inform your friend or your family members and assure them that you're totally taking care and making the right decisions. When talking, also ask questions, yet no personals!
- When you chatted, and spoke on the phone for at least another two months, and you feel you know allot better, you can go to the next level, the meeting, or the date! If you want to meet him, pick a crowded place, or a place with allot of people in it, so you can be safe if something happened, take a cell phone with you, and inform your family member and your friend about your place and plan, you can take a friend along with you if you want to. Stick to such a plan, and such places, until you feel it's safe with him. "He's ok"!
If you saw the movie (The Net) starring Sandra bullock, you'll see how dangerous the internet can be, allot of dangerous people are out there, and don't ignore the calling of being safe. Sandra did take all the right procedures, when she decided to meet the person she knew on the net, she picked a crowded place with allot of people in it, "the amusement park" to be safe, and to call for help fast if she needed it. So don't be fast in your moves, be sure to take the right decisions and stick to "M.K.'s Plan!"